Monday, November 02, 2009

Strictly Come Dancing

This past Saturday I got to sit in the BBC Strictly Come Dancing lounge/bar while just a few floors below me the show was being taped. I went with a couple of Martin’s colleagues who promised me that after the show all the stars and their professional dancing partners would come to the lounge and have a few drinks, as well as the celebrity audience. I was not disappointed. Initially, there was only one person I wanted to speak to. His name is Ricky Whittle and he is on a popular soap here called Hollyoaks. He is, in a word, hot. But also a very good dancer. As we had a mom at the table with us who had promised the babysitter to get autographs, I had the perfect reason to approach him. But he would be the only one-I didn’t want to bother these people. I would leave them alone and let other people bother them. Ummm, NOT. I was a maniac! I blame the wine. I don’t drink much and the couple of glasses I had went straight to my head. (okay, more than a couple-people kept buying me drinks-I’m poor-I had to accept them!) I approached almost everyone! Mostly to get autographs for the babysitter but some people I just said I was getting an autograph simply so I could go up to them and start chatting. Mark Foster was there and I had a really nice chat with him. Also hot. You may remember him from my posts last year as he was the hot ticket on last seasons show. He is a swimmer. He is also really tall. Before I realised who he was he was actually standing behind me at the bar and I almost turned around to say “wow, you are really tall!” It is possible I still did this but just don’t remember. Who knows. What I do know is I had a super good time and not only did I get to talk to Ricky and give him advice about moving to LA (don’t do it! Stay in England!) but lots and lots of other people as well. The way I look at it is I am never ever going to see these people again and enough with sitting in a corner letting life go by. No regrets I say, life is for living! And harassing good looking people on TV apparently. Hopefully they didn’t mind. I did eventually leave them alone. I sadly don’t have any pictures. I did take one with Ricky but the person who took it messed it up. I took lots of pictures of other people with the celebs-also a way to start a conversation-but none of myself. As is the way. Don’t worry, I still have the pictures in my head.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What did you wear?
Smadely

7:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha, ha, ha...good comment Smade! And Amber? ha, ha, ha, ha. That's a good story. Kate

6:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home