Thursday, September 22, 2005

The Bus

I hate the bus. No matter which line you ride or what time of day a ride on the bus is never uneventful. It is really bad now that school has started and teenagers ride the bus. I think I hate teenagers more than I hate the bus. Yesterday there was a whole hoard of them on the back of the 49. One of the literally ran from the back of the bus to the front WHILE IT WAS MOVING. They then proceeded to throw aluminum cans at each other and wrestle. On my way out the door I saw one nice teenage boy smack another teenage girl across the face. If I wasn't sure I would not have gotten jump by the pack I would have pulled him by the ear and given him a piece of my mind. (although I have to admit I felt like smacking her across the face too but that isn't the point)And do you know how much noise teenagers make? Why do they have to yell everything that comes out of there mouth? I think my favorite bus story is when I got on the bus and the overwhelming smell of piss had a procession of people sit down, look around, check to make sure they hadn't accidentally pissed themselves and then cover their noise and mouth, trying not to breathe in the noxious fumes. Apparently there is a "famous" homeless man who rides the bus and REEKS of piss so badly that it strongly infects the whole bus. There is also the time on the 22 when on the back of the bus two gentleman were doing a scheme similar to three card Monte and managed to weasel $20 off some unsuspecting tourist. Then there is always the run of the mill crazy person on the bus who likes to yell for no reason at anyone who makes the mistake of making eye contact. I like too how every bus has its own personality. The 45 and 30 are marina buses and you will find numerous women wearing rings that must weigh a ton talk on their cell phones about nothing at all. Then there is the 22 which goes from the marina to the ghetto and always has someone with something colorful to say. The 49 and 47 are what I like to call the teenage hell bus. The 19 is just simply THE BUS. It doesn't get much worse than the 19. And then the good old 38 which we fondly call the dirty eight. And if you have ever been on it, you would know what I mean.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ginny said...

Reason enough to get a car as far as I'm concerned! But I have to say that I'm with you on the teenagers thing. Just hearing them after school when they walk past our apartment is enough for me...

8:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home