Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Halloween



I don't know if you have ever experienced Halloween in the Castro, but lets just say, working at a restaurant in the Castro during Halloween is not fun. It is more like torture. I covered for someone who has children and wanted to take them trick or treating. I didn't really mind as I thought it would be fun and I didn't have plans anyway. Boy was I wrong. People can be real assholes. I was lucky because I wore a mask for a large part of the night and it was wonderful to be able to make faces and no one could tell what I was doing. I just hope the glint of hostility did not show through in my eyes. After work I went to grab what was a much deserved drink and I really could not believe how many people were out. And on a Monday. It is kind of weird to walk down the street and everyone you pass is in a costume. I didn't see very many good ones out this year. By far the threesome who came into eat dressed as Muni passes won hands down. Other than that, people looked lame. I admire my co-workers who just didn't dress up at all. They saw no need to pretend. Good job ladies!

1 Comments:

Blogger Ginny said...

You crack me up Amber. But I can imagine that it would be very invigorating to be able to make faces at people! If only you could always be invisible at work!
G
How was the party?

10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home